Monday, November 3, 2008

Opinion on Article and Summary




Summary

In eastern Congo there were many people who lost their homes or were forced out because of the violence and fighting happening there. A group of people, ‘rebels’ took over the area. Many problems have occurred where people have to go and flee the area or leave their homes. About 250, 000 people are in the middle of this problem. The UN is trying to help out as many people as they can. They bring in food and try to lend a hand to everyone. Many had also fled the camps and most of the areas are deserted. It could be because of the rebels, who may have forced them to flee once again. Some trucks that come with food are filled with cabbages and onions too! It shows how much of a mess they are in, and food is scarce. The UN was also going towards Rutshuru, but this area was also taken over by rebels. Because of the fighting and chaos there is only one thing for slight medical help. It is only a hospital that may not be able to support all these people. This is all occurring because of hate. It is also because of what happened in Rwanda and some of the wars. There are many conflicts occurring and this one has raised awareness once again.



Link To Article: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/11/03/congo-aid.html



Own Opinion


I think that this event shows that many countries in Africa have to go through many problems. Because of some corruption and unstable societies rebels and other tribes just come in and decide to conquer the area. They do everything with force and it really disturbs me. The people have to suffer even more problems on top of their daily life. Many start starving and some are victims to the rebels. I think that somebody should help this area out and the many other places in need. Not just the UN and other organizations, but the country and the government should try and make everything stable. I feel very sad when I hear stories like these because I can relate it to myself and see how I am living my life. While some are running for their lives we could be running for a competition or a chocolate bar. Overall, I think that Africa has to go through so much and they need help. I compare my life with some of theirs and what happens their really touches my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home