Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Birthday





On my birthday, Thomas Edison gets his light bulb right. After 14 months of hard work he finally gets it perfect in 1879. It lasted for about 13 ½ hours. It was an incandescent light bulb. For the first time it actually worked. This is very interesting to me because I take interest in science. I feel proud when I think of it; because it happened on my birthday it is different than just reading it, I can make a connection.

A food scientist, William A. Mitchell, was born on my birthday. He was the one who invented the orange drink, Tang and Cool Whip. He also made a very popular type of candy, Pop Rocks. The candy that ‘explodes.’ He was actually trying to make a soft drink, but the carbon dioxide helped make the exploding candy.

In the U.S, 1963, the first trim line telephone was placed into service; you could also take an extra $1 charge. The company that made this happen was the Michigan Bell Telephone Company.

Just about 10 years ago Bill Clinton signed to get a 520 billion spending package. It was shipped to him. This happened right befor the next Congress (105th) would come. This money might have been to improve the country, but I don’t think that money was actually put to good use.

Columbus discovers America on my birthday. He did this in 1492. This is an amazing event because otherwise it might have taken many years to figure out where America would have been. Along with this America is one of the most important countries of the world (not resources wide, just ‘big’). This discovery had changed many history books and people’s thoughts about the world during that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home